Purity Weddings is a fine-art wedding photography and videography husband+wife duo.
Based in Los Angeles - available Nationwide.
Featured on: Style Me Pretty, Bridal Musings, Brides, The Knot, Black Bride, Southern California Bride and more.
There are so many posts, guides and articles on what questions to ask your photographer/videographer at your first meeting, but almost none on what you should let them know about your wedding day when contacting them. These are our tips.
In the first email:
- Your wedding date and venue(s)
- Whether the ceremony and reception will be held indoors or outdoors.
- The estimated number of guests. Depending on this number, you may be recommended to add a second shooter to your package.
- What is your wedding day going to look and feel like? What style are you going for? Here's everything about your looks, your wedding decor, music, vibes, people, etc.
- Who your wedding planner is, if you've already hired one. This is worth mentioning, especially if it was the wedding planner who recommended the photographer!
- If an engagement or pre-wedding session is provided. If you're not sure if your photographer includes this in their packages, just ask them about it! FYI, a complimentary engagement or pre-wedding session is included in all our Photo+Video packages.
- Don't forget to mention any traditions or special or unusual parts of your wedding day. California is really culturally, ethnically and religiously diverse! Your photographer should be familiar with all the events that you're going to include in your celebration or have enough time to get into all the details.
During the first consultation:
- Timeline. What is an estimated schedule for the day? What parts of the day do you want to be covered? We always provide our couples with a precise timeline guide, so we can be sure you know what our working process looks like and how much time we need to get stunning shots of any part of the day.
- Day-of Details. Personal vows or a short and sweet I-Do? An unplugged ceremony? How big is your bridal party? No first look? More unique moments or details we should be aware of.
- Vendor Team. Who will we be interacting with throughout your wedding?
- Engagement session expectations. Think about your shoot. What is the environment? Is it a romantic sunset on the beach, a misty forest or a DTLA rooftop? What are you wearing? What are the vibes?
Get to know your photographer and let them get to know you. Talk about who you are, your engagement story, let them into your world, which will go right into the result and experience you get.
Purity Weddings is a modern wedding photography and videography team based in Los Angeles, owned as husband and wife. We travel all around, not just in California, but nationwide to capture beautiful moments on your wedding day. We believe our photographs and films together embody a unique visual memoir. We take pride in our photographs and films, which reflect a distinctive visual style that sets us apart from other artists. We like to create a clean look, accentuated by soft light and warm colors. Our vision unifies elements of fine art with the details of a documentary, so our images are sophisticated, authentic, and timeless.
We're inspired by all couples with a real love story to tell.
Featured on: Style Me Pretty, Bridal Musings, Brides, Wedding Chicks, The Knot, Southern California Bride, Lovely Day Journal, Love Stories TV, BlackBride, Sisters in Law, Modern Weddings and more!